When you communicate with a random user on an online video chat, you can clearly see and hear him/her. If you’re not sure that your interlocutor is honest with you, you can try to use your knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication. Our body language speaks a lot, and it is possible to reveal lies judging by gestures and movements. At the same time, words, speech, and pace also can tell you that your interlocutor is a deceiver. Now. Let’s consider verbal signs:
- Uncertainty, evasion of answers. For example, the sentence “I will try to do something” means that a person is not going to do anything.
- Slow speech, the presence of a large number of interjections, parasite words. This is the main sign of a lie, especially if your interlocutor on a cam chat has not previously used such a “garbage” in a conversation. After all, a deceiver needs time to think over the subsequent speech and speaks slowly. Thus, he/she fills pauses with such words to avoid silence.
- Lack of argumentation, facts, the inconsistency of speech, jumping from one topic to another.
- Excuses and imprudent statements.
- Repeating an interlocutor’s question allows a cheater to gain some time to think before answering.
- The belief in truthfulness. “Can I lie?”, “This is true”, “Do not doubt” – these are the phrases that deceivers use to manipulate interlocutors.
- A brief narration without details. It is difficult for a liar to remember everything he talked about. Thus, he/she tries not to go into details. It is easy to check whether a story is true. Ask your interlocutor in a random chat to retell the story in reverse order with the smallest detail. Do not forget to ask clarifying questions.
- Too many details. If, after a brief narration of a story, a cheater sees distrust on the face of his/her interlocutor, he/she begins to supplement the story with details.
- When trying to hide anger, a liar can increase voice intonation, volume, and speed up the pace of speech.
Exposing lies is a complex process. If you have noticed one or more signs described above, this is not a reason to blame an interlocutor for insincerity. It is necessary to carefully watch for a random user, notice all inconsistencies, and then analyze them taking into account the individual characteristics of a person. When having a complete picture of behavior, one can easily understand whether a person is sincere or not. In the case of communication on online video chats, it is possible to expose lies only if you communicate with a user several times.